Department of transport telematics (O44)
The main objectives of telematics are enhance the quality and comfort of transport, providing of mobility, improve traffic safety, improve services and passenger information, sharing of reducing the consequences of the negative impact of transport on the environment
The department of transport telematics monitors and creates the latest development trends in the field of intelligent transport systems (ITS). It is involved in projects at home and abroad. The works within this department integrate knowledge from the field of transport informatics, logistics, telecommunications, environment, traffic engineering, transport and urban planning and road safety.
Transport telematics helps smoothen the traffic flow, increase the safety of road traffic and protect the environment in the limited opportunities for the development of transport infrastructure and the current rapid rise in road traffic in recent years. This department is significantly involved in the transfer of new ITS knowledge through organizing of conferences and seminars aimed at familiarizing the professional public with new opportunities, which offers the field of transport telematics. Meetings with experts from around the world have positive impacts on the development within this field in the Czech Republic.
AThis department cooperates mainly with telecommunication companies, transport departments of municipal authorities, the Police of the Czech Republic, insurance companies and public transport companies. It becomes their partner in addressing the implementation of new technologies and systems.
Actively engages in activities of the Czech Association for Transport Telematics, of which the CDV is a founding member, and also cooperates with the Association of Public Transport Companies and the Technical Standards Commission for transport telematics (TNK 136) of the Czech Standards Institute.
Professional activity is focused on the following topics:
- strategy and concept for application of telematics in transport systems,
- ITS architecture, standardization in the field of road telematics,
- technology for kilometre-based charging,
- means of influencing the behaviour of traffic flow,
- application of telematic systems for handicapped people in transport,
- integration of information on real traffic situations in public transport,
- development of new detection and evaluation devices.
Thematic area also offers the services:
- preparation and supervision of public procurement,
- services associated with the measurement of parameters of traffic flows in urban and rural areas,
- system and software design,
- consultancy in ITS problematic.
Projects - Internal projects:
- RODOS - Transport Systems Development Centre
- ROMODIS - Inteligent transportation systems development
- SMART MAP: Using Big Data and Smart technologies for city strategic planning and investments
- Telematic systems for public transport
- ViaZONE project - „Increasing traffic flow and transit capacity at highway and expressway locations with temporarily limited transit by means of mobile cooperative ITS systems – Mobile active traffic management
Projects - External projects:
- FREIGHTWISE Management Framework for Intelligent Intermodal Transport
- Policy Learning in Informatíon technologies for Public Transport Enhancing
- Udržitelná lidská mobilita ve městech
- CLOSER Policy Advisory Group
- Transport Research Knowledge Centre