eUropean naturalistic Driving and Riding for Infrastructure & Vehicle safety and Environment
Project title: eUropean naturalistic Driving and Riding for Infrastructure & Vehicle safety and Environment
Subsidy provider: European Commission
UDRIVE will increase our understanding of road user behaviour. Its objectives are two-fold: to identify well-founded and tailored measures to improve road safety up to the Horizon 2020 and beyond, and to identify approaches for reducing harmful emissions and fuel consumption in order to make road traffic more sustainable.
From a scientific and technical point of view, UDRIVE aims at:
- Describing and quantifying road user behaviour in different European regions, in regular conditions and (near-)crashes, and provide a quantified estimate of the risk of particular safety-critical behaviours, focussing especially on
- identifikace efektivních a optimálních opatření vedoucích ke zlepšení bezpečnosti silničního provozu v kontextu s cíli projektu Horizont 2020.
- identifikace účinných postupů při snižování škodlivých emisí a spotřeby paliva s cílem zachovat udržitelnost silniční dopravy.
- Describing and quantifying road user behaviour in relation to emission levels and fuel consumption, focussing in particular on
- the effects of driving style
- road and road network characteristics
- traffic conditions such as congestion, impaired visibility or adverse weather
- Identifying new approaches, measures and tools to make the traffic system safer and more sustainable, focussing especially on
- the definition of measurable safety and environmental performance indicators for monitoring developments over time
- improving existing models of driver behaviour to be used for e.g. predicting effect of safety and environmental measures, and traffic flow simulations
- applications in commercial transport, including driver support systems and targeted training for safer and more fuel efficient driving