We conduct accredited assessments of harmful substance concentrations in the outside atmosphere (pollutant emission), traffic noise measuring and eco-toxicological tests. We measure the concentration of harmful substances in the atmosphere, as listed in Act No 201/2012 Coll., authorized by the Ministry of the Environment.
Also, we conduct a wide spectrum of measuring and tests in non-accredited mode in order to fully evaluate environment pollution.
We also offer consulting and advisory services focusing on the evaluation of traffic’s impact on the environment.
The list of accredited tests can be found below:Accreditation certificate [ 4.22 MB]
- Measuring the concentrations of pollutants in the atmosphere, as listed in Act No. 201/2012 Coll., authorized by the Ministry of the Environment: nitrogen dioxide, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, tropospheric ozone, benzene, solid particles PM10 and PM2.5,
- Measuring the concentrations of other pollutants in the atmosphere, including sulfane, nitrous oxide, nitrogen oxides, carbon dioxide, volatile organic compounds (general)
- Measuring the concentrations of aromatic hydrocarbons (toluene, ethylbenzene, o-xylene, m,p-xylenes) and 1.3-butadiene in the atmosphere
- Measuring the size distribution of solid particles of fractions PM1.0, PM2.5 and PM10, measuring the numerical concentrations of particles in 32 size fractions from 250 nm to 32 µm
- Measuring the size distribution of solid particles with aerodynamic diameters from 6 nm to 10 µm, i.e. including nanoparticles, numerical concentrations of particles in 14 size fractions from 6 nm to 10 µm, i.e. including nanoparticles
- Measuring concentrations and taking samples of solid particles of fractions PM1.0, PM2.5 and PM10 and TSP
- Taking samples of solid particles with aerodynamic diameters from 15 nm to 10 µm in 14 size intervals, i.e. including nanoparticles
- Monitoring the morphology of solid particles, including the elementary constitution of individual particles
- Determining the concentrations of elements, including heavy and platinum metals, in samples of solid particles, soils, building materials, sediments, secondary materials, waste, water and water leaches
- Determining the concentrations of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) in samples of solid particles, soils, building materials, sediments, secondary materials, waste, water and water leaches
- Determining the concentrations of volatile aromatic hydrocarbons (BTEX) in the atmosphere using thermal desorption
- Extraction of samples of solid materials using the extraction system for solid-liquid extractions based on the „fluidized bed extraction“ principle
- Performing the following toxicity tests in samples of solid particles, soils, building materials, sediments, secondary materials, waste, water and water leaches:
- Inhibition of freshwater green algae growth test,
- Inhibition of mobility of the crustacean Daphnia magna test,
- Inhibition of the germination of Sinapis alba test.
For the tests, we use these devices: spectrophotometer INFINITE M 200 Pro Nanoquant (Tecan Group Ltd., Switzerland), laboratory pH/conductometer Orion (Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., USA), digital lux meter Testo 545 (TESTO, Czechia), thermostated chamber TS 606/2-Var (WTW instruments, GmbH, Germany) and other equipment.
- Performing emissions measuring of vehicles in real traffic, which contains the continuous measuring of concentrations of gaseous emissions of O2, CO, CO2, HC and NOx, isokinetic sampling of solid particles, isokinetic sampling of gases - including unlimited pollutants - into containers for detailed laboratory analysis with the possibility for further previously non-specified analyses, sampling for two different driving regimes, measuring the flow of exhaust gases, measuring the pressure and temperature of exhaust gases
- Assessing the technical condition of vehicles based on the quality and composition of the engine oil
Head of the laboratory:
Deputy head of the laboratory:
More about the Environmental Lab may be found here.